By Diane Cameron
Special to the Chronicle
You may have noticed that the Eastlink Curling Centre was a noisy place this past weekend as the Oliver Curling Club held its annual Wind-Up BBQ Dinner and Awards on St. Patrick’s Day.
The Oliver Curling Club’s new President, Dave McCombe, was the Master of Ceremonies at the BBQ that was well attended and enjoyed by the curlers.
The following teams won in their respective leagues:
- Day League first session – Donna Cooke/Bob Hale/Mike Kelly/Randy Gushulak and Jan Campbell
- Day League second session – Donna Cooke/Bob Hale/Diane Cameron/Murray Soder/Reg Cameron
- Ladies League first session – Diane Tetreault/Pat Batchelor/Lisa Waines/Alesha Grimard
- Ladies League second session – Sylvia Lowe/Delfina Antunes/Colleen McCombe/Jean Lederer
- Mixed League A Division– Bruce Schroter/Linda Schroter/Dave Arnold/Barb Barley
- Mixed League B Division – Wanda Casorso/Brad Thompson/Dave Casorso/Cathy Thomspon
- Mixed League C Division – Bob Kozuback/Deb Ellis/Sylvia Lowe/Tony Murray
- Mixed League D Division – Ernie Casorso/Bev LeClerc/Julie Martineau/Mark Martineau
- Men’s League – Ed Shugalo/Dave Andrews/Joe Giesbrecht/Earl Zinger
Alas, the ice is now coming out and curling is done for another season. The Oliver Curling Club will be gearing up for another fun year of curling at the Eastlink Curling Centre in the fall — we hope you join us!