Oliver firefighters rushed to a vehicle fire this morning to stop it from spreading to dry grass on Osoyoos Indian Band land.
Fire department spokesman Rob Graham said they responded to a brushy area near Nk’Mip Road where a truck was fully engulfed in flames.
“Crews were quick on scene and able to extinguish all the fire before it could get into dry brush,” Graham said.
RCMP were called to investigate.
No cause has been determined yet.
In another recent call, firefighters responded to a garbage bin fire near Area 27.
Graham said it is believed to have started by spontaneous combustion due to fumes from paint and oil rags (and other materials) disposed together.
People are advised to be careful what materials they mix together in garbage containers.