Firefighters respond to chimney fire on Main Street

Firefighters respond to chimney fire on Main Street

Firefighters use powder from dry chemical fire extinguishers to snuff out a chimney fire in a residence on Main Street this morning. No injuries were reported. (Photo by Lyonel Doherty)

A chimney fire in downtown Oliver this morning required two fire trucks and some powder to resolve.

Firefighters were called to 6234 Main Street after 10 a.m. to douse a fire in the chimney of a residence accessed from a back alley. Firemen made their way to the roof where they dropped some powder (used in dry chemical fire extinguishers) down the chimney.

No injuries were reported.

It was not determined if the fire was caused by a dirty or faulty chimney. The residence sustained some smoke damage.


For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.