In order to protect public safety, the BC Wildfire Service has implemented an area restriction order for Crown land in the vicinity of the Eagle Bluff wildfire. The restriction took effect Aug. 13 and ends at noon Aug. 30 or until it is rescinded.
The order applies to Crown land within the geographic boundaries shown on the map posted online at www.ow.ly/mDym30plB6F
Note: This does not include Osoyoos I.R. No. 1 as it is not Crown land.
Under this order, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act.
However, people can enter the area if they are:
- travelling to or from his or her principal residence that is not under an evacuation order
- travelling to or from leased property for the purposes of accessing a secondary residence or recreational property that is not under an evacuation order
- travelling as a person acting in an official capacity
- travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities
- engaging and/or participating in agricultural activities pertaining to livestock management on private or leased property.
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1-800-663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone.