Ashes cause brush fire in Oliver

0
SHARE
A small grass fire on Sawmill Road this morning was reportedly caused by the dumping of hot ashes. (Photo by Lyonel Doherty)

The Oliver Fire Department is urging residents to ensure that any ashes be extinguished with water before being discarded following an incident this morning on Sawmill Road.

Fire Chief Bob Graham said a resident dumped hot ashes on his property, which resulted in a small brush fire along the road opposite Beryle’s Organic Paradise.

The fire spread among some trees and dry grass above a ditch area. The wind was quite strong at the time.

The fire was quickly contained and no damage or injuries were reported.

LEAVE A REPLY